Top Picks for July 4th Weekend in Manhattan Beach
Jul 02, 2015 08:15PM ● Published by DigMB Staff
Little Sister's "singapore chili soft shelled crab" banh mi with spiced tomato relish and pickled garlic is quite the savory sandwich.
Of course, there are a ton of other fun things to do in downtown MB, North MB (aka El Porto), Polliwog Park and wherever else your travels and intuition might take you.
Here are our top picks for fun this holiday weekend:
- Make plans (in fact, RSVP) to indulge in some fresh Maryland soft shell crab at Little Sister where that freshly flown in delicacy is used to create "singapore chili soft shelled crab" banh mi with spiced tomato relish and pickled garlic. The sandwich is available on a first-come, first-served seasonal basis since daily quantities are limited. It's an out of this world sloppy mess you just have to try! Great news: Little Sister is open fro Lunch 12 noon to 3 p.m. Friday through Sunday and for dinner from 5 p.m. on.
- Take a leisurely stroll to the end of the Manhattan Beach Pier and partake of a Flat White or some other coffee concoction at Manhattan Beach Yacht Club by Two Guns Espresso where you can also snag a specialty grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast, lunch, an afternoon snack or dinner. Manager Ted Brown says the Manhattan Mushroom is a favorite. Other selections include a Breakfast Melt, Ultimate Mac n' Cheese, and other delectables. MBYC is open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Related: Manhattan Beach Yacht Club Now A Destination for Grilled Cheese Creations
- VIP bourbon, beer, and BBQ specials are in store this weekend, beginning Friday (July 3), at the newly opened Manhattan House, which soft opened in May and is holding its official grand opening now. Special drink prices start at $7.76. Some of the Bourbon pours featured will be the Old Fashioned and East Village, and they also have the celebrated Stone Points Unknown beer and an Allagash offering. In the food department, for $17.76, diners can revel in low and slow with smoked pork ribs from Chef Diana Stavaridis and her culinary team.
- Beat the heat and have some fun at the City of Manhattan Beach's annual 4th of July Pool Party Celebration. Take a picnic lunch for the grass area and enjoy some fun, games, and water!
- Take a wi-fi connected tablet or smartphone to catch Team USA's women's soccer championship (it begins at 4 p.m. Sunday, July 5), and join in the festive mood as a Neil Diamond impersonator takes the stage to deliver "Hot August Nights" at the city's Concerts in the Park 2015 at 5 p.m. Sunday, July 5 at Polliwog Park. Dean Colley will be preceded by Maria Vasquez as Barbra Streisand.