58th Annual Sand Castle Design Contest
City of Manhattan Beach Parks and Recreation
Sunday, August 5, 2018 - Southside of MB Pier
- 7:00 AM to 7:20 AM Registration
- 7:20 AM to 7:30 AM Rules and Instructions
- 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM Building
- 9:30 AM to 10:00 AM Pictures and Judging
- 10:00 AM Awards Ceremony
Age Divisions (Individuals)
- Youth (Ages 12 and under)
- Teens and Adults (Ages 13+)
- Open Division (2 to 10 team members of any age)
- Junior Division (2 to 10 team members ages 5 to 12)
Entry and Prize Categories
- Prizes will be awarded to all divisions for places 1st through 5th
- All prizes generously donated by DIGMB
- Projects can range from dribbles to castles to sculptures
- Things to consider: Best Dribble, Best Castle, Best Sculpture
- All contestants MUST register at the event (including individual team members of a group division) and work only within the division for which they are registered.
- Contestants may only participate in one division.
- Contestants can use tools such as buckets, cans or shovels to construct their sculpture and environmentally safe objects such as beads, shells, feathers, play cars or pebbles to decorate the castles.
- No bottles or glass are allowed. No water may be hosed from outlets at the Pier. You may not use supports for your sculpture, it must be self standing.
- Registration 7:00 AM to 7:20 AM; Rules and instructions 7:20 AM to 7:30 AM; Build time 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM; Pictures and Judging: 9:30 AM to 10:00 AM; Awards Ceremony: 10:00 AM
- Sand castles built prior to the start of the competition will not be eligible for prizes.
- Time extensions will not be given to late registrants.
- Contestants will be given a flag to be placed next to their sculpture in the allowed space.
- David Ibarra, REC Supervisor, (310) 802-5419
- Parks and Recreation Department, (310) 802-5448
A special shout out to DIGMB.com for sponsoring the winner prizes once again!
- August 5, 2018
- 7:00AM - 10:30AM
- Event Website
- (310) 802-5448
- Teens Sports & Recreation Nature & Outdoors Kids & Family Festivals, Fairs & Carnivals Community & Neighborhood Manhattan Beach Sand Castle Sand Castles Parks And Recreation City Of Manhattan Beach Manhattan Beach Parks And Recreation Manhattan Beach Parks and Rec MB Parks and Rec Manhattan Beach Parks & Rec ISF International Surf Festival Downtown Manhattan Beach