Enjoy a Drive-In Movie in Manhattan Beach
Sep 16, 2020 10:51AM
By Jeanne Fratello
Enjoy some old-fashioned fun in Manhattan Beach on Thursday night, with a drive-in movie showing of "Knives Out."
The event - curated by Style on the Spot - will take place in Manhattan Village Mall on the top level of the new parking structure next to California Pizza Kitchen. Doors open at 6:00 p.m.; the movie will begin at sunset. The sound will be played on your car radio via a station that will be provided when you arrive.
The cost is $30 per car. Tickets for the event are available here.
For participating movie-goers, there are plenty of treats available:
- The first 30 cars will receive a gift card to Coffee Bean.
- Guests will receive a free cookie from Urban Plates.
- Guests can order special food and drink options from Mercado or Islands that can be picked up at a "Drive-In Pickup."
- Mercado will be serving cocktails featuring St-Germain and Cazadores.
- Islands is offering all guests $10 off a $35 order (when you place your order online, you need to mention Drive-In Pickup)
- Guests may also order food in advance from Urban Plates, Chili's, Corner Bakery, and Olive Garden. (Note that these meals must be picked up in advance at the restaurant, not at the drive-in.) Corner Bakery will be offering a 20% off coupon that you can use the day of or at a future date. The coupon will be emailed to you once you have reserved your spot.
*Note: If you can't make this drive-in movie, there will be another one shown on Thursday, Sept. 26 (movie TBA).