MB Fireworks To Light Up The Night
Dec 03, 2019 08:44PM
● By Jeanne Fratello
Crowds line the streets in downtown Manhattan Beach to watch the fireworks - photo via Manhattan Beach Holiday Fireworks
Ready for fireworks on the beach? This year's Skechers Manhattan Beach Holiday Fireworks will take place on Sunday, December 8 at 7:00 p.m. at the Manhattan Beach Pier.
The program includes an entire festival's worth of entertainment as a lead-up to the fireworks. If you're planning to head down to enjoy the show, we've got all the details for you here.
Schedule of Events
- Hyperion Outfall Serenaders. Manhattan Beach's favorite band will play highlights from "Dixieland Christmas."
- Kinecta Bounce Park. Enjoy a Great Shark and giant slides, plus a play area for little ones. New for this year from Pampers and Kinecta: a diaper-changing station featuring deluxe diaper-changing rooms and free diapers.
- Skechers Snow Park. This year's snow park features five 50-foot sled runs, two snow play areas, and snowman photo opportunities. Admission is new, unwrapped toys, food, or cash to the YMCA Adventure Guides charity. (Open until 6:30 p.m.)
- Santa Float. Come and get your photos with Santa. (Open until 7:00 p.m.)
- Mira Costa High School Jazz Ensemble. Come see the Grammy-winning group directed by Joel Carlson.
- Joe's Band. Enjoy a family holiday music sing-a-long.
- Fireworks Show. The show will take place rain or shine, barring severe weather. Remember that during the 2015 fireworks show, as the weather was threatening, the decision was made to move ahead with the fireworks at 6:50 because it was a "now-or-never" situation. For schedule and weather updates, visit mbfireworks.com
- Manhattan Beach Boulevard from the Pier to Manhattan Avenue: 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Manhattan Beach Boulevard from Manhattan Avenue to Valley Drive: 1:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Ocean Drive from 8th Place to 15th Street: 1:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Manhattan Avenue from 9th Street to 15th Street: 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Highland Avenue from 9th Street to 15th Street: 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Downtown streets west of Valley Drive from 9th Street to 15th Street – Local Traffic Only: 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Taxi/Uber/Lyft ServicesTaxi drop off and loading zones:
- 5th Street and Manhattan Avenue
- Valley Drive in front of Joslyn Center
- Northbound Valley Drive across from Joslyn Center
- Joslyn Center Parking Lot (5 spaces)
- Northbound Ardmore Avenue north of Manhattan Beach Boulevard (5 spaces in Lot 8)
- Eastbound 15th Street east of Highland Avenue (City Hall)
- No drones allowed
- No street vendors allowed
- Blanket set-up will be permitted sometime between 2:30 and 4:30 at police discretion. Please do not block off an area greater than a party of 10.
- Remember that this is a family and community event. Please be kind and respectful to local residents and to your fellow festival attendees.