Farmers' Market Begins Summer Hours
May 30, 2017 03:27PM ● Published by Jeanne Fratello
Also back as of this week is the seasonal stone fruit farmer Fruit Fairy, offering summer favorites such as peaches, plums, and cherries.
Looking ahead, the Manhattan Beach Farmers' Market has a summer chock-full of events and specials. The calendar includes:
- June 6: Meet Chef Ashley from Zinc restaurant at the Shade Hotel, and find out more about Shade's family meal service at the farmers' market.
- June 6: Manhattan Beach local wellness expert Kara will offer a guided tour of the farmers' market beginning at 11:30am; the presentation will include information on what's in season and how to prepare it. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your space.
- June 27: The Manhattan Beach Police Department will be onsite with their child safety booth.
- July 4: The farmers' market will be closed for the 4th of July holiday.
- July 11: Join the Manhattan Beach Farmers' market at a special celebration as it commemorates its 11th anniversary.
- July 25: Donate blood at the Red Cross blood mobile that will be parked at the Farmers Market.
The market is sponsored by the Downtown Manhattan Beach Business & Professionals Association.