MBMS Symphonic Band Earns 'Superior' Rating at Festival
Mar 25, 2017 10:44AM, Published by DigMB Staff, Categories: Schools
The Southern California School Band & Orchestra Association hosted the all-day event at Millikan High School in Long Beach. A mix of middle school and high school bands participated.
See the MBMS band's performance in our video below. (Videographer: proud dad Dave Fratello.) The band plays three pieces:
• "Kentucky 1800" by Clare Grundman
• "Ammerland" by Jacob De Haan
• "Hands Across the Sea" by John Philip Sousa, arr. Andrew Balent
Judges unanimously rated the performances "Superior," their top rating. Denise Haslop, the instrumental music teacher, shared some of the comments from the judges:
• Really great looking group on stage...
• [I]mpressed by the maturity of sound.
• [V]ery challenging piece of music you played and played very well! Most high school groups cannot do what you do.
• There is ... really superior teaching and learning going on in your classroom.
Enjoy the show in our video below!
MBMS Symphonic Band @ Millikan HS