Things To Do To Stay Cool in Manhattan Beach
Sep 10, 2015 07:39AM ● Published by DigMB Staff
While those who work, live or study in air conditioning may not be feeling the extreme heat and humidity, many of us are so we've come up with a list of ways to stay cooler and perhaps even beat the heat.
- Go to the air-conditioned Manhattan Beach Public Library at 1320 Highland Ave. in downtown MB near City Hall. The brand new two-story, 21,500-square-foot building has comfortable study areas complete with power and free wi-fi so hole up, explore the new library, get online, or just hang out. The MB library is open today (Thursday, Sept. 10) from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday, Sept. 11 from 12 noon to 6 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 13 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Find the hidden shade at Sand Dune Park. Exercise lovers may know Sand Dune Park for its huge sand dune and stair workouts but the park also has some hidden walkways that are in nothing but shade. While the shady areas do not have benches, it could be fun to plop yourself down in the middle of beautiful large trees and hang out in nature.
- Get to Bobaloca, where A/C and free wi fi will make your experience a cool connected one. This Eastside MB gem offers tapioca boba drinks, smoothies, coffee and tea drinks, salads, sandwiches, and pastries in a relaxed coffeehouse environment. You're definitely beating the heat when you discover this gem! Parking is free, too.
- Visit any store or restaurant with A/C. In fact, use the heat as a reason to do some shopping.
- Get to Joslyn Community Center, operated by the City of Manhattan Beach and its Parks and Recreation Department. The facility is air conditioned, has public restrooms, and could be a nice way to break up the monotony of the heat.