Downtown Manhattan Beach Streets, Crosswalks Getting Redo
Sep 08, 2015 07:40AM ● Published by DigMB Staff
Improving crosswalks in downtown Manhattan Beach is part of the current work project.
Streets and sidewalks in Manhattan Beach are about to get a makeover. Work is scheduled to start today (Tuesday, Sept. 8) from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays.
The much-needed updates will take place all around the downtown core. Streets slated to be worked on are:
- Manhattan Beach Boulevard from The Strand all the way up to Valley Drive/Ardmore
- Manhattan Avenue between 8th Street and 13th Street
- Highland Avenue between 8th Street and 10th Street
- Remove deteriorated blue tiled crosswalks and replace them with a new "stamped" blue asphalt tile pattern
- Replace broken or dislodged sidewalks, curbs, and gutters
- Make minor street repairs and
- Slurry seal downtown Manhattan Beach area streets
City officials say they will make every effort to maintain at least one open lane in each direction though at times street closures will be required.
Contact Ish Medrano, City Project Manager, at (310) 802-5357 if you have any questions on the project.