Top 5 Things To Do in Manhattan Beach Labor Day Weekend
Sep 04, 2015 05:52PM ● Published by DigMB Staff
Will you be among the many headed to the beach this Labor Day weekend?
Lifeguards are also warning those who venture in the water to be aware of rip currents. Always check in with a lifeguard before heading in the water to learn of surf conditions.
Here is our list of the top five fun things to do this long Labor Day holiday weekend.
- Women, men, and co-ed teams will take to the sand Saturday and Sunday as the California Beach Volleyball Association holds some tournaments. On Saturday, women and men will go for the Cal Cup Open. On Sunday, men and women will compete in the B division. On Sunday, Co-ed Bs and AAAs will also play. Tourney play is held on the beach just south of the Manhattan Beach Pier.
- Diners with dinero will want to check out one of Manhattan Beach's newest, hippest, and most-highly touted restaurants, The Arthur J. Acclaimed Chef David LeFevre's most recent restaurant is taking the food scene by storm, with Eater LA naming it the No. 3 "Hottest Restaurants in LA" for September. Related: 'The Arthur J' Opens.
- Locals will want to take in the final Concert in the Park of the summer season on Sunday, Sept. 6 from 5-7 p.m. in Polliwog Park. The popular Beatles Tribute Band Britain's Finest will perform outdoors for free on a stage in the park's amphitheater. Low-slung beach chairs are welcome as are blankets, towels, picnics, and people. Show up. This one will be fun. Stake your plot of ground whenever you want.
- Now we're venturing a tad beyond the weekend to tell you about two free meditation workshops. After the weekend, these could be especially impactful: Restore Mind, Body, and Soul at Meditation Workshops.
- On Tuesday, Sept. 8, the Manhattan Beach Farmers Market returns to its fall/winter hours of 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Shop the market for all sorts of fresh fruit, produce, nut butters, pickles, Dave's Korean Gourmet foods, and much more. You'll be glad you did.