Top 5 Things Things To Do in Manhattan Beach This Weekend
Aug 29, 2015 06:42AM ● Published by DigMB Staff
And while we can't guarantee that heading to the beach will keep you cool enough this weekend, we can give you our top five fun things to do this weekend.
- Head to the ocean and the Manhattan Beach Pier during the cool crisp morning hours Saturday (today--August 29) to stroll the free Cars and Coffee event. Yes, you heard right... It's free, and will include vehicles you don't get to see very often: Manhattan Beach Cars and Coffee Car Show Saturday A.M.
- Go ahead and eat! Downtown and North Manhattan Beach offer all sorts of quaint seaside eateries, or at least they're close enough to the ocean to take a walk to the sea before and after your bite or meal. Love and Salt's Duck Egg Pie, a breakfast/brunch pizza, has been hailed as one of the best served in Los Angeles. The pie features "salty pancetta strips, panna, thin-sliced potato, rosemary, mozzarella, Parmesan and a vivid duck egg", according to the Discover Los Angeles website.
- Nestled on the corner of Marine and Highland avenues about halfway between downtown MB and North MB (aka El Porto, in some circles), Marine Street Café is the spot for delicious unassuming food made with top-quality ingredients. Owners Peter and Skylar Tourigny combine the city's rich beach volleyball history with food finesse to exact an amazing hideaway that caters to neighbors, locals, and anyone who ventures in. Sandwiches and salads are named after the beach volleyball and surfing legends who have called Marine "Street" home over the years. For a fun twist, try the Breakfast Banh-Mi, two organic fried eggs, bacon, pickled carrots, sliced cucumber, sriracha,
cilantro and housemade aioli on a baguette. Simply put, get there! They serve all three meals so you've plenty of options.
- Plan to enjoy ocean views and air conditioning this weekend at the Manhattan Beach Public Library, which, this Sunday, opens with Sunday hours for the first time. An outdoor celebration will take place from 12 noon to 1 p.m. with the library opening after that. Can we say A/C? and ocean views?! Details here: Manhattan Beach Public Library Adds Sunday Hours August 30.
- Show up near the Manhattan Beach Pier Sunday, August 30 to watch paddlers finish the Catalina Classic Paddleboard Race, in its 40th consecutive year. What began in 1955 has become the oldest and most celebrated endurance paddleboard race in the world. The historic 32-mile marathon, which begins at the Isthmus and ends at the MB Pier, attracts paddlers from all over the world and is known as the "Grand-Daddy of all Paddleboard Races."