Photo Gallery: Manhattan Beach 5K, Kids Races
Jun 22, 2015 09:58AM ● Published by DigMB Staff
Gallery: 2015 Manhattan Beach 5K and Kids Races [65 Images] Click any image to expand.
The annual family-friendly, fun event puts runners and walkers at water's edge for four events run on the hard-packed sand at one of the lowest tides of the year during Summer Solstice.
With a Kids 1K, Kids 400m and Crawlers division, parents, family, and friends routinely gather for some a.m. fun under Manhattan Beach Pier and along the shore! Many participants return year after year, and there are many parents and children who run the 5K together.
Mira Costa High School 2015 graduate Jacob Helfgott, 18, of Redondo Beach won the 5K. Race coverage, results, and a list of MB runners of all ages can be seen here: Mira Costa Grad Wins Manhattan Beach 5K.
The MB 5K is a companion race to the Yuletide 5K, run at night during one of the lowest tides of the year during the Winter Solstice. That race features runners adorned in glow lights as they take to the shoreline for a nighttime run.
- Related: Mira Costa Grad Wins Manhattan Beach 5K
- Related: Sign Up for Summer Solstice Races in Manhattan Beach
- Related: Runners, Glow Sticks, Luminarias Add to a Scenic Night
- Related: Yuletide 5K: On Your Mark, Get Set, Glow!
- Related: Registration Open for Manhattan Beach Yuletide 5K
- Related: Father's Day 5k Run on the Sand