Get Waterwise in the Garden With These Free Classes
Jun 04, 2015 07:55PM ● Published by DigMB Staff
Do you have trees in your yard? Learn how to best care for them at a free class sponsored by the City of Manhattan Beach and the MB Botanical Garden.
You can sign up for any of these classes (Ask the Arborist; Garden CPR, and Drip Irrigation Methods) to learn the basics of how to
- keep your trees healthy with proper pruning methods
- garden with measures that promote water conservation, permeability and retention of water on your property
- keep the garden looking good even with reduced watering.
This Saturday's (June 6) class is Ask the Arborist. Louie Gamino, Certified Aborist, with Enviroscape, will present easy steps to promote and maintain the health of your trees. He will focus on climate appropriate trees for the beach area, when to plant, when to trim, and which ones you can eat. If you have tree questions, this is a great opportunity to discuss your specific concerns with a registered arborist as well as to receive knowledgeable advice on how to solve a variety of problems. Trees provide shade and are important in the landscape.
Call Julie at (310) 546-1354 to register for any of the upcoming classes. Please leave a message stating what class(es) you'd like to attend.
Here's the lineup:
- Saturday, June 6: Ask the Arborist
- Saturday, June 13: Garden CPR
- Saturday, June 20: Drip Irrigation Methods