Top 5 Simple Pleasures for Moms This Weekend in Manhattan BeachMay 07, 2015 10:42AM ● By Dig Mb Staff
Marine Street Cafe is a great place for a bite.
Mother's Day in Manhattan Beach is sure to be a great day! Here are five simple pleasures you can enjoy with mom or treat her to, and you can start now!
- Take mom to Marine Street Café for dining with an ocean view and fabulous healthy cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Owners Peter and Skylar Tourigny have created the perfect place for a delicious meal in a quaint beach casual environment where you can dine amid seashells and nostalgic photos of beach volleyball history. Dine outside on the ocean view patio complete with fireplace or inside on three different levels, two of which boast ocean views. Marine Street Cafe's meats and poultry are grass fed and all natural with no antibiotics and no hormones; all of their produce is certified organic or pesticide and spray free, and they use only natural and organic ingredients in their house-made sauces and dressings. Situated on the corner of Highland and Marine avenues, this neighborhood cafe, which features Groundwork Organic coffees and teas and has a nice selection of beer and wine, accepts reservations so make yours now; (310) 545-5518.
- Visit downtown Manhattan Beach's newest store, Yorktown. Step inside this feel-good paradise to explore the best in "shore, shelter, sanctuary" at Tabula Rasa Essentials owner Maureen McBride's latest labor of love!
- On Saturday, take mom to the Feelgood Festival starting at 9 a.m. at Polliwog Park. This free event goes until 4:30 p.m. so stop in anytime to reap the bounty of "Om"! Preregistration is necessary for Yoga in the Park ($35 in advance) from 9-10:30 a.m. (See article on the Yoga in the Park fundraising activity here: OMBeach Yoga Event to Headline Yoga Festival); Oather activities are free, including yoga flow, family yoga, teen dance, and live music. Food will be available for purchase. Call the city's Parks and Recreation Department at (310) 802-5448 for more information.
- Stroll to the end of the Manhattan Beach Pier for coffee, tea, a bite or treat from the Manhattan Beach Yacht Club by Two Guns Espresso. Take in the sounds of the ocean, watch the surfers, and step inside the Roundhouse Marine Studies Lab and Aquarium to see, touch and learn about marine life.
- Mom can have fun outdoors and make her own mark in time Saturday in "Conquer Own Run Moms Know Best Manhattan Beach Conquest." The event co-mingles fitness and fun with a 5k and 10k, each designed for folks to run, walk or meander. The event is staged at 45th Street and The Strand. Check in begins at 6:30 a.m. with the runs starting at 7 a.m. Gift certificates and prizes from MCT Lean Products and Village Runner will be awarded to the top male and female finishers, and there will be other goodies, too! Proceeds go toward Lupus LA. Register online here. The 5k is $24 and the 10k is $29.