Around Town: Vote, Summer Camp Expo and A Parade!
Mar 02, 2015 09:48PM
● By DigMB Staff
As always, there's a lot going on in Manhattan Beach. Here are five things to look into:
- The City Council meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 3 has been moved to Wednesday, March 4 to accommodate Election Day (March 3).
- Are you registered to vote? If so, cast your votes on Tuesday, March 3. Two Manhattan Beach City Council seats are up for grabs, with incumbents Amy Howorth and David Lesser seeking re-election against challenger Bill Victor. Here's how you can find out where to cast your votes: Visit the website poll locator page on the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder website here.
- Eleven Manhattan Beach girls 10 and younger gave it their all at AYSO Regionals, tieing two games and losing one on Saturday. The girls made it to the Regional Championship Tournament by winning the AYSO Area 1D/AYSO Region 18 league championship. Great season, Stingrays! Related: U10 Girls Play for AYSO Regional Title
- Are you ready for a parade, Manhattan Beach! The much-loved annual Opening Day Parade for youths signed up to play ball in Manhattan Beach Little League or Manhattan Beach Girls Softball will wind its way through downtown to the ball fields at American Martyrs School the morning of Saturday, March 7. Play ball, everyone, and have fun!
- Looking for a summer camp for the kids? Mark your calendar to attend the City of Manhattan Beach Parks and Recreation Department's 2015 Summer Camp Expo on Saturday, March 7 right after the Little League and Softball parade. The expo begins at 10 a.m. and lasts til 1 p.m. at American Martyrs School. Online, mail, fax and walk-in registration for all summer camps will begin Monday, March 9 for Manhattan Beach residents.