Around Town: School's Out, 'Batter Up,' Celebrations, Healthy ButterFeb 16, 2015 02:41PM ● By Dig Mb Staff
Manhattan Beach Youth Athletics oversees the Manhattan Beach Little League and Manhattan Beach Girls Softball.
As always, there's a lot going on in Manhattan Beach. Here are five things to look into:
- Public school kids in Manhattan Beach are off all week so keep an eye out for them. The youngsters return to school in the Manhattan Beach Unified School District on Monday, Feb. 23.
- Manhattan Beach Little League (Info & Links to Maps) and Manhattan Beach Girls Softball begins its first week of practice beginning Monday, Feb. 23. The Opening Day Parade is set for Saturday, March 7. To register your child to "Play Ball," go online here. Some divisions have a waitlist.
- Little Sister in downtown Manhattan Beach is one place that will be celebrating the Chinese New Year. The restaurant will feature "lucky" dishes Wednesday, Feb. 18 through Saturday, Feb. 28.
- Healthy nut butters will be available at the Manhattan Beach Farmers Market tomorrow (Tuesday, Feb. 17). The Healthy Butter Company will be on hand selling the likes of Healthy Butter Classic, Crack Butter, Crunch Roast, Omega Buff and more.
- Today (Monday, Feb. 16) is the final day of Fresh Produce's sale so head downtown and have some fun at all of the great shops and dining spots. Oh, there are lots of juice and dessert places, too.